Follow these rules when entering results:
- Respect pre-printed measurement units. If you routinely use other units, you must convert your results to the units used in EQA.
- Cibule resolves any negative number as "result not specified" and converts it to -1.
When you begin to enter the results all fields contain -1 (i.e. result not specified).
- Report the results using 3 significant figures.
- You can use comma or point as a decimal separator.
Cibule checks the results after submitting the form. If the result is unexpected (e.g. you enter the concentration of Na in serum
12 mmol/L), Cibule warns you, but accepts the result. Any correction of the result must be made by the participant.
If you cannot specify the result (e.g. breakage of the sample), enter -1.
If the result lies outside the measuring range of your measuring system, follow these steps:
- If the result is below the limit of quantification, enter the limit of quantification
as a result of determination and specify in the note to the round in which test and sample this situation occurred.
- If the result is above the upper limit of the measuring range (and manufacturer of the measuring system does not recommended sample dilution),
enter upper limit of the measuring range as a result of determination and specify in the note to the round in which test and sample this situation occurred.
- Procedure in case of high concentration of the analyte
- If the concentration of an analyte is above the upper limit of the measuring range of your measuring system, report the result of the measurement
of the diluted sample only if you normally apply the dilution procedure when measuring patient samples. However, if you do not use dilution when
measuring patient samples, then do not dilute the sample giving the upper limit of your measuring range as a result (see above).
- Reporting the results at the time of the transitional concurrence of two modifications of reagents of one manufacturer to measure the same analyte
- If you have the information from the manufacturer of the kit that the process of kit replacement is currently running (new generation, reassignation, restandardisation, recalibration, etc.)
and thus in the time of the EQA round there are in laboratories currently used various modifications the kit that can provide different results,
specify in the note to the round what modification of the kit you used for obtaining results of specific test
(briefly as a free-text in the format: test, kit manufacturer, and the description of the kit modification).
In some tests you can enter also uncertainties of individual results. Follow these rules when entering results:
- Specify expanded (k = 2) combined uncertainties (Uc) reported in %.
- Cibule does not accept the uncertainty equal to zero.
- Report the uncertainties using 2 significant figures (more digits are not meaningful).
- Number -1 means "uncertainty not specified".
© 2022 SEKK s.r.o.